Skip / Bin Single Placement

A local law permit can be obtained for the one-off placement of a skip/bin in a road reserve within the Mornington Peninsula Shire.

This application should be completed by the supplier of the skip/bin and will apply for a seven-day period. If a skip/bin is to be placed at a site for longer than a seven-day period a new application will be required for each consecutive seven-day period.

Apply for a Local Law Permit to Place a Skip/Bin

Permits will no longer be issued for placement on the Roadway or Carparks these applications will require an Occupy Road Permit please visit our Occupation of a road or footpath permit page for more information.

Step 1.Determine whether a permit is required

If you are placing a skip or bin on the nature strip or road reserve, and are not an accredited waste management supplier with the Mornington Peninsula Shire, you will need to apply for a permit.

If you regularly place skips or bins within the Mornington Peninsula Shire it may be more cost effective to become an accredited waste management supplier.

Step 2.Lodge your application

A permit should be applied for by the company supplying the skip/bin. 

An application for a permit may take up to 5 days to process. Please lodge any applications 5 days prior to the intended placement of the skip/bin to ensure time for processing.

Apply online

Once the application has been completed and lodged you can expect a response within 5 days.