Immunisation Health Service
Mornington Peninsula Shire Immunisation team provides free immunisations to protect the health and wellbeing of your child, as outlined in the National Immunisation Program Schedule for:
- Infants & Children 0 - 10 years of age
- Years 7 - 10 students (Secondary School Immunisation Program)
- Adults - Whooping Cough Booster for expectant parents
Online bookings are available for sessions from 7 June 2023.
To make a booking, or to change or cancel an existing booking, click the relevant button below. Please select Mornington Peninsula Shire as the provider before selecting your preferred appointment date, venue and time.
Make a booking Change or cancel a booking
For more information on the immunisation service please contact the Immunisation team on 5950 1099 or email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for Parents and Guardians
- There is no risk when giving routine immunisations to the child of a pregnant mother. Immunising the child of a pregnant mother reduces the risk of vaccine preventable disease during pregnancy.
- Asthma, eczema and hay fever are not contraindications to any vaccine on the childhood schedule unless the child is receiving high-dose steroid treatment. Please let the nurse know of any allergies that your child has.
- Children on antibiotics can be vaccinated, providing the child does not have a temperature greater than 38.5 on the day of immunisation.
- Preterm babies can immunised. Routine vaccinations should be given 6 weeks after birth as normal.
- Grandparents or carers are welcome to bring infants to any session, however they should bring a letter of authority from the parent/guardian with consent for the vaccines to be given on the day.
- Parents of children born overseas can send evidence of their child’s vaccine history, along with the Medicare number to the Immunisation team for transfer to the Immunisation register by emailing the information to email@example.com.
Immunisations are run from the following venues:
Tootgarook Maternal and Child Health Centre
24 Barry Street, Tootgarook
Dromana Maternal and Child Health Centre
65 Pier Street, Dromana
Waterfall Gully Maternal and Child Health Centre
325 Bayview Road, Rosebud
Somerville Maternal and Child Health Centre
Somerville Community House, 21 Worwong Ave, Somerville
Bentons Square Maternal and Child Health Centre
Bentons Square Community Centre, 145 Bentons Road, Mornington
Mount Eliza Maternal and Child Health Centre
95-97 Wimbledon Avenue, Mount Eliza
Hastings Maternal and Child Health Centre
Hastings Community Health Service, 185 High Street, Hastings
Mornington Shire Office
2 Queen Street, Mornington
Free Meningococcal B Vaccine
Children of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent are eligible to receive the Meningococcal B vaccine free of charge through the National Immunisation Program.
The vaccine will be offered at 2mth, 4mths and 12mths alongside the usual vaccines.
Bookings can be made by contacting 5950 1099
Seasonal Flu Vaccination
Mornington Peninsula Shire provides free seasonal flu vaccines for clients who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- All children aged six months to less than five years
- Pregnant women (during any stage of pregnancy)
Immunisation History Statements
How to request your or your child’s Immunisation History Statement
You can access your own immunisation history statement or your child’s statement (if under 14 years of age) in the following ways:
- Use your Medicare online account through the myGov website or the Express Plus Medicare mobile app
- Contacting the Australian Immunisation Register enquiry line on 1800 653 809
- Visit your local Medicare or Centrelink office
Vaccinations given through school immunisation program prior to 2017 may not appear in this statement.
For immunisations provided by Mornington Peninsula Shire for children/adults over the age of seven, the Immunisation Team retains a record of all vaccinations administered.
To request a copy of these records please complete the online request below
Click here to view form.
Secondary School Immunisation program
The Shire’s Immunisation team visit all Secondary schools located in the Mornington Peninsula Shire to provide immunisations according to the National Immunisation Program.
You will receive more information about the vaccinations and consent process from your child’s school
Parents of Secondary School students who have missed Immunisations at school may book their child to any of the Community Immunisation sessions by calling 5950 1099.
Government Funded Catch up Program
The government-funded 'catch-up' program is available for under 25 years of age as required.
If you or your child/children require a catch-up schedule, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the below information and our immunisation team will contact you to discuss a catch up plan and book an appointment with you and your child.
- Child's full name
- Child's date of birth
- Medicare number (if available)
- Copy of all immunisation history, such as child immunisation book or vaccination record from GP