Arts and Culture Advisory Panel (ACAP)
The Mornington Peninsula Shire values the significant contribution that the arts and cultural sector makes to the region. An Arts and Culture Advisory Panel (ACAP) works with Council to help shape priorities, direction and identify opportunities to grow and promote arts and culture across all of the Mornington Peninsula.
Members of the ACAP have been drawn from diverse range of backgrounds and have extensive knowledge and experience.
Membership of the Panel is comprised of a Councillor Representative and Substitute Councillor Representative, Shire Officers and community and industry representatives who meet at least four times annually.
Industry Experts and Community Representatives
- Anthony Pope (Chair, Classical Music Community Representative)
President of Peninsula Chamber Musicians and Orchestra Victoria Musician, practising classical musician.
- Melanie Gard (Vice Chair, Dance Performing Arts Community Representative)
Director of Peninsula School of Dance since 2006.
- Penny Carnaby (Local History Community Representative)
Committee member of Mornington Peninsula National Trust branch and Mornington Peninsula Heritage Network Committee; past MPRG Friends committee member.
- Norman Creighton (General Community Representative)
- Previous gallery/studio operator, previous membership of several arts management and advocacy committees.
- Jennifer Fletcher (Visual Arts Community Representative)
Practising visual artist and President of Peninsula Studio Trail.
- Heidi Luckhurst (Contemporary Music Community Representative)
A musician, music teacher, events assistant, President of the Mornington Peninsula Music Network and created the Rosebud Buskfest in 2014/2015.
- Yvonne Luke (Aboriginal & Torres Strait islander Community Representative)
Director of Baluk Arts and member of Creative Victoria's First Nations Advisory Panel.
- Patricia Macdonald (Visual Arts Community Representative)
Guest curator at National Gallery of Victoria and Australia National Museum, Member of the Board of the Art Foundation of the National Gallery of Victoria and Member of National Gallery Women’s Association, Director of Christies Australia.
- Rebekah Pryor (General Community Representative)
Artist, curator and interdisciplinary researcher, previously Curator of Lamp Post Gallery and finalist in the 65th Blake Prize.
- Liz Walker (Community Arts Community Representative)
Award-winning visual artist and Police Point Artist in Residence in 2018.
- Yvonne Watson (Community Arts Representative)
Director of Oak Hill Community Arts Cooperative
- Karina Lamb - Manager Libraries, Arts & Culture
- Tracey-Lea Smith – Arts and Cultural Development Coordinator
- Cr Paul Mercurio AM - Watson Ward Councillor
- Cr David Gill - Red Hill Ward Councillor
- Cr Sarah Race (Deputy Mayor) - Nepean Ward Councillor
Download: ACAP Terms of Reference(PDF, 211KB)
Council's key strategic directions for arts and cultural development can be found in Our Peninsula 2021: Council Plan 2017-2021(PDF, 3MB) and the Arts and Culture Plan 2020-2024(PDF, 4MB) .
For further information contact the Arts and Cultural Development Team on 5950 1935 or email email@example.com.