Mornington Peninsula Shire supports the delivery of kindergarten services for families by providing community infrastructure and Kindergarten Central Registration (KCR).
Kindergarten central registration is a streamlined and transparent application and allocation process that is fair and equitable for all families to support their access to community kindergarten programs across the Shire.
There are a number of both three year old and four year old kindergarten programs offered across the Mornington Peninsula Shire; this includes community kindergartens operating in Council owned buildings, private providers and kindergarten programs offered in long day care and/or early learning centres.
In Victoria, four year old kindergarten is not compulsory; however it is acknowledged that the kindergarten experience is valuable in providing children with the opportunity to learn and develop skills through a play based curriculum and can also assist children in their transition to primary school.
Some services may operate under a trading name which includes the word "preschool" and not "kindergarten". Mornington Peninsula Shire aligns with the same terminology as the State Government by referring to all of our services as kindergartens. Please see below for a list of kindergartens.
For further information on Kindergarten Central Registration, please contact the team on 5950 1099 or 1300 850 600 or email email@example.com
Kindergarten Central Registration for 2018
View List of Kindergartens on the Mornington Peninsula for 3year olds(PDF, 297KB)
View List of Kindergartens on the Mornington Peninsula for 4year olds(PDF, 404KB)
Click here to register your child for 3 year old kindergarten in 2018
Click here to register your child for 4 year old kindergarten in 2018
2018 3 year old Kindergarten allocation process
- 1st round offers will commence on Monday 21st August and will be completed by Sunday 27th of August.
- 2nd Round offers will commence on Wednesday 30th August and be completed by Sunday 3rd of September.
- The enrolment procedure that is facilitated by the Individual Kindergartens will be completed by Sunday 17th of September.
- The Kindergarten Central Registration team will be advised of non-attendance by Wednesday 20th September.
Early Start Kindergarten – your child may be eligible!
Early Start Kindergarten provides free or low cost kindergarten to eligible 3 year old children where programs are offered by a qualified teacher.
Children are eligible for Early Start Kindergarten if:
- they are aged 3 by 30th April in the year they will be attending a kindergarten program and your child is Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, or
- your family has had contact with Child Protection or been referred by them to Child FIRST.
Further information on Early Start Kindergarten can be found at www.education.vic.gov.au/childhood/parents/kindergarten/pages/earlystart.aspx