Health & Wellbeing Plan
Welcome to the Mornington Peninsula Health and Wellbeing Plan
Council resolved at its Council Meeting on Tuesday 24 October 2017 to adopt the the Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan – Our Health and Wellbeing 2021.
The plan aims to protect, improve and promote the health and wellbeing of the Mornington Peninsula community.
The Shire’s "Our Health and Wellbeing 2021 – A Plan for the Mornington Peninsula 2017-21" has been developed based on:
- Policy directions set by the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services and outlined in the current Victorian Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2015-19 and Outcomes Framework.
- Key themes and directions of the Our Peninsula 2021 – Council Plan
- Secondary data obtained through various sources including the Census 2016, Victorian Population Health Survey 2014 and VicHealth Indicators Survey 2015.
- Guidance from the Mornington Peninsula Shire’s Health and Wellbeing Committee
- Community consultation data obtained via the Your Peninsula 2021 initiative undertaken in 2016
- Feedback obtained during a Stakeholder Workshop held in March 2017
- Ongoing liaison with internal and external stakeholders
The vision of the Plan is to protect and promote the health and wellbeing of the Mornington Peninsula community. It adopts a preventative and early intervention approach based on the Social Model of Health and is framed under the four Council Plan themes:
- Our Place
- Our Connectivity
- Our Prosperity
- Our Wellbeing
The Plan outlines a set of health and wellbeing actions framed under each of the Council Plan’s strategic objectives. These actions have been drafted through internal consultations and are aligned with progress indicators from the Victorian Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2015-19 and liveability domains. Implementation of the Plan will occur via annual action plan and reports. Evaluation will be undertaken in the form of collective impact measurements, ongoing review of secondary data sources and community engagement.
Download: Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan 2017-21(PDF, 1MB)