About Our Organisation
Mornington Peninsula Shire is responsible for more than 70 services from family and children’s services, traffic regulation, open space, youth facilities, waste management and community building; to matters concerning business development, planning for appropriate development and ensuring accountability for Council’s budget. This broad range of community services and infrastructure for residents supports the wellbeing and prosperity of our community.
Download: Mornington Peninsula Shire Organisational Chart(PDF, 1MB)
To value, protect and improve the unique characteristics and way of life on our peninsula. "Valuing our unique peninsula".
We will achieve this by:
- Providing effective leadership and representation by democratically elected councillors
- Listening and reflecting your collective aspirations in our plans
- Helping you create a resilient, inclusive community that can respond to challenges
- Bringing new ideas to discussions that create new opportunities
- Encouraging you to get involved in your community
- Working hard to provide the best possible service and value
- Keeping you up to date with what it happening across the Shire in an open and direct way