Welcome to the Briars! Our opening hours are listed below.
- The Visitor Centre is open 10am to 4.30pm daily.
- The Wildlife Sanctuary is open 9am to 4.30pm daily.
- The Community Forest is open daily.
- The Balcombe Estuary boardwalk in the Briars has extensive damage and is closed until further notice however, you can still walk from the Briars to Mount Martha via an alternative route.
- The Heritage Homestead is closed due to extensive restoration.
- The Shire Nursery is open Wednesday to Friday 9am to 3.30pm and 1st Saturday of every month 9am to 1pm.
The Briars is a much-loved community space - perfect for a day out!
Take a walk through our Wildlife Sanctuary, enjoy a BBQ with family and friends or explore the outbuildings and heritage garden surrounding the Briars Historic Homestead.
We have worked with the community to develop a master plan to protect and enhance this wonderful place.
Explore the pages below to learn more.
To stay up to date with what's going on at The Briars via our newsletter, click the button below:
Sign up for our newsletter
Due to the sensitive natural environment dogs are prohibited from The Briars. Dogs may be walked on lead along Balcombe Creek trail or off lead in the designated areas of the co-located Community Forest.