Book a campsite
The McCrae, Rosebud, Rye and Sorrento foreshore reserves are open for camping from the last weekend in October through to the last weekend in April. All these campgrounds are currently closed.
Peak season campsites are filling quickly. There are still sites available to book for the first week of peak (16 - 23 December) and the last two weeks (13 - 27 January).
Bookings under 7 nights in peak season (16 December- 27 January) will commence on Monday18 December (at midday).
Other important booking information
- New Year’s Eve: 7 nights minimum Saturday 30 December - 6 January
- Labour day long weekend: 3 night minimum Friday 8 – Monday 11 March
- Easter: 7 night minimum Good Friday 29 March - Friday 5 April
Please note that bookings cannot be made by phone. If you are unsure how to book online, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a handy 'how to' guide.
The Rosebud, Rye and Sorrento campgrounds are situated within a Crown Land reserve. Be aware of the following when considering your booking:
- Family friendly campgrounds. No noise permitted after 11pm
- A maximum of 6 people per site with a maximum of 4 adults (18+)
- Water taps are not provided at every site and are not for exclusive use
- Family/All Accessible change amenities are located in some sections
- Campers must ensure a 2-metre clearance between sites for fire services
- Only gas or electric BBQs allowed. No solid fuel fires are permitted at any time
- No pets. (Assistance dogs are welcome. please contact the office before booking)
Read the Conditions of Camping prior to booking.
2023-24 camping season dates
- Pre-Peak Season: 27 October - 16 December 2023
- Peak Season: 16 December 2023 - 27 January 2024
- Post Peak Season: 27 January - 28 April 2024
Download: Casual Bookings Cancellations(PDF, 82KB)
Download: Pre-Booking Cancellations(PDF, 111KB)
For further information contact the Foreshore Camping team Monday to Friday 9am to 4:30pm
Phone: 03 5950 1011
To stay up to date on camping in Rosebud, McCrae, Rye and Sorrento you can follow us on our Foreshore Camping Facebook page.