Arts & Culture Plan
An Arts and Culture Plan is a document that sets a vision and guide for Council’s involvement and investment in arts and cultural activities within the community over the coming years.
The Shire has conducted extensive community consultation with almost 1,000 people contributing feedback that assisted in the development of the next Arts and Culture Plan 2020 - 2024.
Key community needs from the consultation are:
- Increased access to spaces to practice and perform
- Better support for creatives (funding and training)
- More free family activities across the Peninsula with improved transportation and accessibility
- A purpose built arts hub and performance space
- More informal activities (pop ups, sculpture trails)
- Better working relationship with the Shire
- Support from the Shire to enhance community capacity and more opportunities to work together
We are finalising a draft Our Arts & Culture 2024 - Arts and Culture Plan 2020-2024 that is current, reflective and responsive and supports participation, celebration and creative expression.
For further information contact the Shire’s Arts and Culture team at email@example.com or phone 5950 1935.