Arts & Culture Plan
An Arts and Culture Plan is a document that sets a vision and guide for Council’s involvement and investment in arts and cultural activities within the community over the coming years. The Mornington Peninsula Shire has been developing the draft Arts and Culture Plan 2020-2024 in response to almost 1,000 community members' feedback, received from October 2018 to March 2019.
Key community needs from the consultation are:
- More arts and culture experiences, including: free activities encouraging family participation, activities and events across the Peninsula
- More informal activities, e.g. pop ups and sculpture trails
- Greater support for creatives (funding and training) and creative industries
- Greater Shire support to enhance community capacity with more opportunities to work together
- Clearer, central information and promotion
- Improved transportation and event accessibility
- Increased access to practice, performance and storage spaces
- Creative precincts, including a performing arts centre, that support arts and culture
The draft Arts and Culture Plan 2020 - 2024 focuses on valuing our creative industries and cultural economy, access to broader arts and cultural experiences for our whole community and celebrating and enabling arts and culture on the Peninsula.
Have your say
We are very pleased to present the draft Arts and Culture Plan 2020 - 2024 back to the community for your comment and any further feedback.
Download: Draft Arts and Culture Plan 2020 - 2024(PDF, 1MB)
Provide your feedback online below.
For further information contact the Shire’s Arts and Culture team at email@example.com or phone 5950 1935.