Live in the Peninsula's urban areas?
You can apply to receive a fortnightly green waste bin pickup for $135 per year.
Apply online or contact us.
If the property is owned by a company and if you are not listed as a director, you must complete a company authority form before placing your order.
To determine if your property is within the urban area please check the Urban Growth Boundary.
Green waste bin terms and conditions
The service charge is reliant on the following service conditions, which have been developed to ensure the service remains sustainable into the future.
- The bin size will be 240 Litres
- The service is only available to properties within the urban growth boundary of the Mornington Peninsula Shire.
- Only leaves, lawn clippings, weeds, prunings and branches (which are no greater than 10cm in diameter and 30cm in length), bark and saw dust from untreated timber can be placed in the green waste bin.
- Council reserves the right to not collect a bin if it contains material other than that specified in condition
- Customers can opt-in to the service at any time. The cost will be determined on a pro rata basis depending on when in the financial year the service is opted into.
- Customers can opt-out of the service at any time, however, a refund will not be provided. If you want to opt-out, it's best to opt out in June.
- To receive this service payment must be made up front