Order a new or larger bin

Before you start there are a few important things to help you.

  • The Shire provides a standard 80L rubbish bin and 240L recycling bin to all households.
  • If you want an extra bin or a larger bin, a fee applies at the time of ordering. The additional cost is then added to your future annual rates notice.
  • Food and Green waste bins (240L) can be ordered if you live within the urban area of the Peninsula.
  • If you have moved and do not have a rubbish and/or recycling bin please get in touch.

To save money, you can also check out the waste and recycling disposal guide. Many items can be recycled for free at our tips and hoppers.


Bin sizes

All households are provided with a standard 80L rubbish bin and 240L recycling bin.

80L rubbish bins are 785 mm high (bin on the left) and 120L rubbish bins are 870 mm high (second bin from the left)

Recycling (blue lid) and Food and Green Waste (light green lid) is only available in a 240L bin.

 Bin sizes WEB-sized.png

Bin fees

Want an extra bin?

You can order additional bins to the standard 80L rubbish bin provided to all households.

  • Extra 80L rubbish: $360 per year
  • Extra 120L rubbish: $540 per year
  • Extra 240L rubbish bin: $1080 per year

What to upsize your rubbish bin?

If you want a bigger rubbish bin you can upgrade your 80L rubbish bin.

  • 120L rubbish bin: $180 per year
  • 240L rubbish bin: $720 per year

Want an extra recycling bin?

An extra 240L recycling bin is a once off cost of $75.

Green waste bin

A 240L Green waste bin costs $140 per year.



Information for renters

If you are renting, please contact your landlord to apply. 



Property owned by a company?

If the property is owned by a company and you are not listed as a director, complete a company authority form before placing your order. 


What happens if I order my bin part of the way through the year?

All annual fees are adjusted at the time of application, proportionate to the time remaining in the financial year. 




Apply for your bin

Step 1.Find your property number

Your property number can be found on your rates or animal notice. What is my property number? 

Step 2.Check your current bin size if you are upgrading

Check what size your current bin is so that you can request the correct size.

Step 3.Complete the online form

Apply now