COVID- 19 Update
During COVID-19 we are continuing to stay connected with our playgroup families and developing new ways to deliver our programs. This includes weekly videos and activities you can try at home. If you are interested in joining us or would like to attend a playgroup in the future - we would love to hear from you. Please complete the online form or contact us via phone or email (details below). One of our team members will be in touch shortly.
For further information on support across the Shire visit: Coronavirus
What is a Supported Playgroup?
- A welcoming and safe place to connect with your child through play and fun
- A supportive, inclusive and non-judgemental environment
- Opportunity to make new friends and connect with your local community and services
- Sessions run weekly during school terms and are led by a qualified facilitator
- Each session includes morning or afternoon tea (fruit time)
- Includes Small Talk tips and strategies to support your child’s learning and development
- In-home support is also available for eligible families
- Cost: Free
Meet our Supported Playgroup Facilitator:
What is In-Home Support?
- Individual sessions provided at your home or another suitable location
- Opportunity to practice Small Talk strategies together with the playgroup facilitator
- Can be offered individually or alongside Supported Playgroup sessions
- Cost: Free
- Families with children aged 0-5 years who hold a Health Care Card or another eligible card/visa
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander children and families
- Families that have been referred or supported by Enhanced Maternal and Child Health Services
- Families that have been referred or supported by Child FIRST/ Orange Door
Join a Playgroup
To join a playgroup or receive in home support just complete the online form.
Join a playgroup
Service providers can refer a client to the program through our simple online form.
Make a Referral
For Further Information
Please get in touch with the Shire's Education and Care team, phone: 5950 1099 or email: email@example.com
Click here to view a video from the Department of Education about playgroups.
Links to Activities
Playgroups Victoria ‘Playgroup at Home’ Playgroup-at-home Facebook Communities
Play ideas for Babies Raising Children Network /babies/play-learning
Play ideas for Toddlers Raising Children Network /toddlers/play-learning
Play ideas for Preschoolers Raising Children Network /preschoolers/play-learning