Bin Lid Latch
- Stop rubbish escaping from your bins
- Prevent animals from eating your rubbish
- Avoid waste entering waterways and streets
Bin latches are easy to use and install. They stop rubbish from escaping when tipped over and help you to secure bin lids, preventing animals from getting into your rubbish.
Latches release automatically when emptied into the rubbish trucks.
Please note that if your bin contents is not heavy enough (greater than 3 kg) the latch may not release.
Two types of latches are available
Shorter push clip latch - for bins with no handle
For bins with no handle.
Please note that push clip latches requires a hole to be drilled into the lid of the bin.
Step by step installation instructions
Download full instructions: Push Clip Installation(PDF, 3MB)
- Hook the latch on the side of the bin, making sure it is clear of any obstructions
- Position the latch on the lid and mark where the the centre of the knob meets the lid
- Drill a 12.5 mm hole on the lid mark
- Press down on the push clip until it snaps into the hole. Rehook the latch under the bin lip.
Longer multi-fit latch - for bins with a handle on the lid
For bins with a handle on the lid.
Multi-fit latches securely wrap around the handle of your bin.
Step by step instructions
Download the full instructions: Multi-fit installation(PDF, 2MB).
- Wet the latch
- Bring the latch under the bin lid handle so that the hook is facing up
- Thread the rounded end of the latch through the rectangular ring
- Pull the latch so the hook catches the side of the bin
Where can I get a bin latch?
Pick up your bin lid latch at our customer service centres: Mornington, Hastings and Rosebud.