Refer to pages 2 and 3 of the guidelines. If you are applying for a defibrillator it needs to be publicly accessible and Registered with Ambulance Victoria.
- Eligible organisations include, Incorporated Associations, Not-for-Profit (NFP), Registered Charities and community groups. Unincorporated community groups require an auspice organisation.
- Organisations are limited to one grant within a financial year, if successful in the application process. Panel decisions are based on merit. Flexi Grants are an exception enabling organisations to apply for an additional grant to meet a community need.
- Applicant organisations must be registered, solvent and have adequate level of public liability insurance relevant to the activity. (Note: unincorporated community groups must use an auspice organisation to apply).
- If an incorporated organisation is acting as an auspice organisation, it must only support two unincorporated organisations within a financial year.
- The applicant or auspice organisation must not be in debt and must be compliant with all grants previously awarded by Council.
- All projects, programs and activities must take place with the Mornington Peninsula Shire Local Government Area.
- An applicant school or learning institution may apply only where the project is not curriculum based, or where the activity or benefit is not confined to the learning institution but is for the primary benefit of the wider community.
- Retrospective funding for activities, programs and projects that have already started or have been completed will not be eligible.