Community Placemaking Grants
Community Placemaking Grants 2019/2020
Annual program funding: $112,000
Maximum funding available per application: $5,000
Funding in 2019/2020 will be split into two rounds.
- Round 1 ($56,000) is now closed - view the list of successful Community Placemaking Grants here(PDF, 333KB)
- Round 2 ($56,000) is now closed - Council and Senior Management are considering the impact to our local community of COVID-19 on a daily basis. This includes the current Community Grants Program (Round 2), which closed on 20 March. All applicants will be informed when a decision is made on the progress of the funding round.
Community Placemaking Grants projects aim to strengthen townships across the Mornington Peninsula Shire by enhancing both our social and built environments at the local level. Placemaking engages the local community to be proactive in identifying positive ways to implement projects that contribute to improving the health and wellbeing of the community.
Applications will be assessed based on:
- Improving the physical environment of the local area;
- Enabling a more accessible physical and built environment;
- Land owner permission has been granted (if applicable);
- Creates a sense of belonging;
- Increases opportunities for social connection;
- Supports new activities in a public place;
- Is a collaborative community project;
- Strengthens the community through learning new skills; and
- Creates opportunities for a healthier lifestyle.
Refer to the Guidelines(PDF, 157KB) and Overview & Specific Criteria(PDF, 163KB) information to understand more about the Placemaking Grant Program.
If your project involves building or modifying Council land or facilities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to applying. Permit approvals may be required.
Click to start your application: Apply Now
If you have any queries, please contact the Community Development Officer - Grants at email@example.com or phone 5950 1425.