Community Placemaking Grants
Community Placemaking Grants 2019/2020 - Round 1 is now open
Annual program funding: $112,000
Maximum funding available per application: $5,000
Funding in 2019/2020 will be split into two rounds.
- Round 1 ($56,000) opens on Monday, 8 July 2019 at 9am and closes Friday, 16 August 2019 at 5pm (for project implementation after October 2019)
- Round 2 ($56,000) opens on Monday 10 February 2020 at 9am and closes on Friday 20 March 2020 at 5pm (for project implementation after May 2020)
Ensure you apply in the most appropriate round.
Community Placemaking Grants projects aim to strengthen townships across the Mornington Peninsula Shire by enhancing both our social and built environments at the local level. Placemaking engages the local community to be proactive in identifying positive ways to implement projects that contribute to improving the health and wellbeing of the community.
Applications will be assessed based on:
- Improving the physical environment of the local area;
- Enabling a more accessible physical and built environment;
- Land owner permission has been granted (if applicable);
- Creates a sense of belonging;
- Increases opportunities for social connection;
- Supports new activities in a public place;
- Is a collaborative community project;
- Strengthens the community through learning new skills; and
- Creates opportunities for a healthier lifestyle.
Refer to the Guidelines(PDF, 157KB) and Overview & Specific Criteria(PDF, 163KB) information to understand more about the Placemaking Grant Program.
If your project involves building or modifying Council land or facilities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to applying. Permit approvals may be required.
Click to start your application: Apply Now
If you have any queries, please contact the Community Development Officer - Grants at email@example.com or phone 5950 1425.
View the list of the last round of successful Community Placemaking Grants(PDF, 237KB) applications.