To further enhance our customer service, The Planning Services Unit has a dedicated pre-lodgement meeting service to provide valuable pre-application advice.
The purpose of this service is to enable applicants to discuss their proposal in detail, gain advice, and have the opportunity to make any changes to their application prior to submission in line with Council’s requirements.
You can book an appointment with our Pre-Application Planner, Theresa Gwini to discuss proposals or other related planning enquiries. Then read the information below on how to prepare for your appointment to get the best advice.
Make an Appointment
or call our Planning Support team on 5950 1010.
Appointments are 45 minutes, and are available at allocated times on a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
Click here to view the pre-application service informational video in a new window
How to prepare
Below is a list of things you can do to ensure that you get the most comprehensive pre-application advice possible:
- Look at the Mornington Peninsula Planning Scheme including planning policies that may affect your application.
- Check the zoning information and overlays for your property.
- Obtain a current copy of the Certificate of Title for the land. To do this you can visit LANDATA and perform an online title search.
- Prepare preliminary designs and sketches that show:
- how your proposal respects the site and the surrounding area
- how the design considers the site constraints.
Without all of the information listed above, the planning officer’s advice may be limited.
You can contact us if you have any follow-up questions or if you wish to submit revised plans for consideration before lodging your application.
Visit Planning Forms, Fees & Checklists to find out more information about planning, application fees and to obtain a copy of the application form.