Community Fundraising

1. Overview

Fundraising permits are issued to charitable organisations, local non-profit groups and other organisations whose activities will benefit local community.

Charitable organisations are those who use the proceeds from their fundraising activities to relieve poverty, suffering or social distress. Non-profit groups generally provide a service to the community and aim to enhance the wellbeing of residents.

First consideration for permits will always be given to local groups and charities.

2. Street Stalls

To hold a street stall such as raffle tickets sales, cake sales or to hold a sausage sizzle on Shire owned or managed land you will need to complete the Street Stall Application for Shire Approval.  Please read the guidelines below prior to submitting your application. 

Download Street Stall Guidelines.pdf(PDF, 101KB)

Submit Street Stall Application

3. Door Knocks

Organisations wishing to door knock on the Mornington Peninsula must complete the Door Knock Application for Shire approval.

You may also need to complete an "Application for fundraiser registration or renewal" from Consumer Affairs Victoria at least twenty-eight (28) days prior to the appeal beginning. Visit Consumer Affairs at 

Once you receive your Door Knock approval, local community groups are required to advertise the details of the arrangements in local newspapers in the area where the collection is being undertaken at least 14 days prior. Please read the guidelines below prior to submitting your application. 

Download Door Knock Guidelines.pdf(PDF, 265KB)

Submit Door Knock Application

4. Intersection Collections

In accordance with the Road Safety (Traffic Management) Regulations 2009, Mornington Peninsula Shire will no longer review or approve applications for intersection collections.  In order to conduct a highway collection you must obtain approval from Victoria Police. 

For a full list of requirements and details on how to apply, please visit:

Or contact Victoria Police directly via:

Victoria Police Centre
637 Flinders Street, DOCKLANDS VIC 3008

Phone: 03 9247 5714


5. Enquiries

Mornington Peninsula Shire Events Team
Tel: 1300 850 600