- Residents can apply for a rebate on cloth nappies and plastic free period products.
- Cloth nappies including reusable swim nappies, reusable nappy liners and reusable baby wipes.
- Plastic free period products including cloth pads, cups and leak proof underwear.
3.75 million disposable nappies are used each day in Australia and New Zealand. Each person will use somewhere between 5,000 and 15,000 pads or tampons in the 30-40 years they menstruate. This uses precious finite natural resources, results in landfill and contributes to climate change.
- Cloth nappies and plastic free period products are environmentally friendly alternatives.
- Although reusables cost more upfront, they can save you money over the long term.
We have developed a Cloth Nappy Fact Sheet(PDF, 157KB) and a Plastic Free Periods Fact Sheet(PDF, 203KB) if you want to learn more.
Want to help share the news about this rebate? Download our Plastic Free Period Poster(PDF, 3MB) and Nappy Rebate Poster.pdf(PDF, 730KB) and display it on notice boards, shop windows, etc. Or simply share this page on social media!