Mornington Peninsula Shire Boating and Swimming Zones
Boating zones and dedicated swimming only (areas prohibited to all vessels) zones exist on Port Phillip and Western Port Bay with the primary aim of providing a safe environment for water users. These zones are clearly marked by navigation markers located on the water and signage on the shore.
Dedicated swimming only zones on the Mornington Peninsula are at the following locations:
- Eastern side of Rye Pier, Rye
- To the east of the McCrae Lighthouse, McCrae
- Western side of Dromana Pier, Dromana
- Opposite Balmoral Avenue, Safety Beach
- Between Kilburn Grv and Dominion Rd, Mount Martha South Beach
- Mount Martha Surf Life Saving Club to Balcombe Creek, Mount Martha
- Northern end of Fishermans Beach, Mornington
- Southern end of Mills Beach, Mornington
- Point Leo Surf Life Saving Club, Point Leo
View Maritime Safety Victoria's Waterways Map to see a map of all zones within our waterways.