Mornington Peninsula Shire Immunisation team provides free immunisations, available through the National Immunisation Program Schedule for:
Contact the Immunisation team on 5950 1099 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Immunisation Session Timetable
Download the 2018 Immunisation Timetable(PDF, 267KB)
Information for parents and guardians
- There is no risk when giving routine immunisations to the child of a pregnant mother. Immunising the child of a pregnant mother reduces the risk of vaccine preventable disease during pregnancy.
- Asthma, eczema and hay fever are not contraindications to any vaccine on the childhood schedule unless the child is receiving high-dose steroid treatment. Please let the nurse know of any allergies that your child has.
- Children on antibiotics can be vaccinated, providing the child does not have a temperature greater than 38.5 on the day of immunisation.
- Preterm babies can immunised. Routine 2 months vaccinations should be given 6 weeks after birth as normal.
- Grandparents or carers are welcome to bring infants to any session, however they should bring a letter of authority from the parent/guardian with consent for the vaccines to be given on the day.
- Parents of children born overseas should bring evidence of their child’s immunisation status to any Shire Customer Service Centre or Community Immunisation session, for transfer to the Immunisation register.
Flu vaccinations now free for children under five
Flu Vaccines are now available free of charge, for children aged over six months and less than five years old, through Mornington Peninsula Shire’s Immunisation service.
Flu vaccines will be available at all sessions on the current timetable.
Immunisation History Statements
Statements are automatically generated upon completion of the childhood vaccination schedule (usually around four years of age) and are mailed to the address most recently recorded by Medicare for that individual. Parents of children under 14 years old and young individuals 14 - 20 years can obtain an AIR Statement in the following ways:
- Online - through MyGov once an account has been created
- Over the counter - at a Medicare Service Centre
- Phone – call Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) on 1800 653 809
Vaccinations given through school program may not appear in this statement.
For Immunisations provided over the age of seven the Immunisation team retains a record of all vaccinations administered to request a copy of these records please complete the online request
The Shire’s Immunisation team visit all Secondary schools within Mornington Peninsula Shire to provide immunisations according to the National Immunisation Program
Parents of Secondary School students who have missed Immunisations at school may bring their child to any of the Community Immunisation sessions listed on our timetable.
The existing government-funded 'catch-up' program for all children under 10 years of age will continue until further notice.
If your child/children require a catch-up schedule recommended by our immunisation team, please email email@example.com with the below information prior to attending our public immunisation session.
- Child's full name
- Child's date of birth
- Medicare number (if available)
- Copy of all immunisation history, such as child immunisation book or vaccination record from GP
We are unable to carry out any catch-up vaccinations at immunisation sessions without prior contact with our team.