Immunisation Session Timetable
Immunisations are back at the new Somerville Rec Centre!
These new sessions are included in the updated 2019 immunisation timetable(PDF, 97KB) current as of 15 July, 2019.
Some of our Rye sessions have changed to offer a greater variety of venues for the whole community.
Make sure you have the latest version by downloading the current timetable
Download the 2020 immunisation timetable. (PDF, 478KB)
Immunisation Service Information
Mornington Peninsula Shire Immunisation team provides free immunisations, available through the National Immunisation Program Schedule for:
Contact the Immunisation team on 5950 1099 or email@example.com for more information.
Information for parents and guardians
- There is no risk when giving routine immunisations to the child of a pregnant mother. Immunising the child of a pregnant mother reduces the risk of vaccine preventable disease during pregnancy.
- Asthma, eczema and hay fever are not contraindications to any vaccine on the childhood schedule unless the child is receiving high-dose steroid treatment. Please let the nurse know of any allergies that your child has.
- Children on antibiotics can be vaccinated, providing the child does not have a temperature greater than 38.5 on the day of immunisation.
- Preterm babies can immunised. Routine 2 months vaccinations should be given 6 weeks after birth as normal.
- Grandparents or carers are welcome to bring infants to any session, however they should bring a letter of authority from the parent/guardian with consent for the vaccines to be given on the day.
- Parents of children born overseas should bring evidence of their child’s immunisation status to any Shire Customer Service Centre or Community Immunisation session, for transfer to the Immunisation register.
How to get your or your child’s statement
You can get your own statement and your child’s statement if they’re under 14.
You can get your statement straight away using your Medicare online account through myGov. You can also use the Express Plus Medicare mobile app.
You can also get your statement by:
Vaccinations given through school immunisation program prior to 2017 may not appear in this statement.
For Immunisations provided over the age of seven the Immunisation team retains a record of all vaccinations administered to request a copy of these records please complete the online request
The Shire’s Immunisation team visit all Secondary schools within Mornington Peninsula Shire to provide immunisations according to the National Immunisation Program
Parents of Secondary School students who have missed Immunisations at school may bring their child to any of the Community Immunisation sessions listed on our timetable.
The existing government-funded 'catch-up' program for all children under 10 years of age will continue until further notice.
If your child/children require a catch-up schedule recommended by our immunisation team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the below information prior to attending our public immunisation session.
- Child's full name
- Child's date of birth
- Medicare number (if available)
- Copy of all immunisation history, such as child immunisation book or vaccination record from GP
We are unable to carry out any catch-up vaccinations at immunisation sessions without prior contact with our team.
Seasonal Flu Vaccination
Who can access a free vaccine through our service?
- All children aged six months to less than five years
- All Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged from six months
- Pregnant women (during any stage of pregnancy)