Biodiversity Conservation Plan
Our natural environment and biodiversity are a key part of what makes the Peninsula such a special place to live, work and visit.
The Shire's Biodiversity Conservation Plan (adopted 13 August 2019) establishes strategies and actions to protect and improve the resilience of the Mornington Peninsula's natural environment and biodiversity.
Actions outlined in the Plan are focused on six key areas:
- Engaging with the community and building stewardship;
- Facilitating biodiversity conservation on private land;
- Protecting biodiversity through planning and policy;
- Building a strong knowledge base;
- Demonstrating and leading best-practice land management; and
- Building ecosystem resilience in a changing climate.
To find out more, visit our natural environment and biodiversity.
Download the plan: Biodiversity Conservation Plan 2019(PDF, 5MB)