Pension Rates Concessions
Pension Rates Concession Information
The Municipal Rates Concession provides up to 50 per cent discount off council rates up to a yearly maximum of $241.00 in 2020/2021.The concession is available to residents and must be for their principal place of residency.
You may download the form below:
Municipal rates concession - Application Form(PDF, 415KB)
What does this concession provide?
- A discount on (municipal) council rates up to a yearly maximum, which is indexed every year. Please ask council for the current amount.
- Renters can claim this concession if they have entered into an agreement/contract with the landlord to be responsible for the payment of the council rates.
What cards are eligible?
- Pensioner Concession Card - issued by Centerlink or Department of Veterans' Affairs
- Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card - War Widow (WW)
- Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card -Totally & Permanently Incapacitated (TPI)
Are there any other eligibility criteria?
- Your concession card must be valid at the time of application
- You are the person responsible for the payment of the Rates
- Your name must be on the Rates Notice, or if you're an occupier a statutory declaration from the title holder is required verifying you're responsible for paying rates
- Your name and address on the Rates Notice must match that on the concession card, and the address must be your principal place of residence.
How to Return the form?
Post: Mornington Peninsula Shire
Private Bag 1000,
Rosebud, Victoria, 3939
For more information on concession programs, please call the Concessions Information Line on 1800 658 521 (toll free) or visit www.dhs.vic.gov.au/concessions