Situated at Mount Martha on the Mornington Peninsula, is a beautiful, rural property known as “The Briars,” a delightful old Homestead on 230 hectares, which is steeped in local history, flora and fauna.
Where: 450 Nepean Highway, Mt Martha 3934. See map.
View our new Facebook page for The Briars
The Briars offers a range of activities, including:
- Visitor Information Centre
- Angus & Rose Café
- Bushwalking and bird watching along our walking trails
- Balcombe Estuary Boardwalk
- 1800’s 'The Briars' Historic Homestead & gardens
- Eco Living Display Centre
- Historic farm buildings
- School holiday activities
- Wildlife sanctuary and wetlands, including bird hides
- Gardens & vineyard
- Josephine's Restaurant
- Kiosk & picnic areas
- Shire Nursery of native & indigenous plants
- Outdoor Ed Camp
- Junior Ranger Program
- Volunteer Programs
- Spotlight Walks
Drop into The Briars Visitor Centre to explore the visual displays and watch the informative audio-visual presentation presenting an overview of the park. Try some bird watching at our bird hides and continue exploring the Sanctuary along the walking trails absorbing the native Australian bush and try to spot the native wildlife. Take a guided tour of the historic homestead with one of our knowledgeable volunteer guides.
Walking Trails please visit our section on The Briars Walking Trails
- There is no tour or homestead access available if a volunteer guide is not on duty. Please call prior to your visit to ensure tours are available on the day you wish to visit.
- Due to sensitive environments dogs are prohibited from the Briars. Dogs may be walked on lead along Balcombe creek trail or off lead in the designated areas of the Community Forest.
Relax for a drink and lunch in the picnic area with BBQ facilities or enjoy a meal at Josephine’s Restaurant and take in the view overlooking the Homestead and Wildlife Sanctuary. Browse through the many native and indigenous plants at the Shire Nursery, and explore our sustainable living and gardening at the Eco Living Display Centre.
The Napoleonic Collection has been moved to a secure location and is temporarily unavailable.
The Eco Living Display Centre, located at The Briars, shows first hand how water, energy and waste efficiency features work to reduce your impact on the environment, reduce your bills and make your home more comfortable. Visit our section on the Eco Living Display Centre
The Briars, 450 Nepean Highway, Mt Martha 3934
Ph: 5974 3686
For hire requests, contact Buildings & Facilities on 5950 1150 or email email@example.com
Open every day of the year 9am to 5pm (including Saturday & Sunday)
Closed Christmas Day and open on Boxing Day and New Year's Day.