Public Transport & Community Transport
Metlink operates one train line on the Mornington Peninsula, from Frankston Station to Stony Point. There are nine stations: Leawarra, Baxter, Somerville, Tyabb, Hastings, Bittern, Morradoo, Crib Point and Stony Point.
For a timetable please visit http://ptv.vic.gov.au/
Metlink operates eight bus lines on the peninsula:
- 772 - Frankston - Eliza Heights
- 773 - Frankston - Frankston South via Kars Street
- 776 - Frankston - Pearcedale Shopping Village (circular route)
- 781 - Frankston - Mount Martha
- 782 - Frankston - Flinders
- 783 - Frankston - Hastings
- 784 - Frankston - Osborne
- 785 - Frankston - Mornington East
- 786 - Rye - St Andrews
- 787 - Sorrento - Safety Beach
- 788 - Frankston – Portsea
- 887 – Rosebud – Monash University Peninsula Campus (Frankston) Express
For timetables, please visit http://ptv.vic.gov.au/
this service is for passengers aged 60 and over and people of any age with a disability (and their carer). Passengers need to be independent and mobile (wheelchairs and mobility aid accommodated). Visit our section on Dial-A-Bus
Volunteer Assisted Community Transport & Mini-Bus Hire
Volunteer assisted community transport is available through a charity called Peninsula Transport Assist Incorporated (PTA). PTA have over 50 volunteer drivers who take transport disadvantaged people to medical appointments, shopping trips, social events and many other places inside and outside of the Peninsula region, using their own vehicles. No doctors forms required! Call PTA on 9708 8241 or 0403 823 268 and speak to the staff. Please note that fees apply.
A number of 11 seater mini-buses and 25 seater coaster buses are available to the community for hire. Volunteer bus drivers can also be hired for day trips, excursions and other activities. Call PTA for a quote on 9708 8241 or 0403 823 268 or see www.peninsulatransportassist.org
PTA services residents on the Mornington Peninsula and Frankston region. Destinations Victoria wide.