Direct Debit Arrangement
Direct Debit Overview
Paying your rates by direct debit arrangement is a convenient and easy way for you to ensure that your rates are always paid on time.
You can elect to pay rates and charges by one of the following options using direct debit:
- Four instalments – the four dates detailed on your rate notice
- Nine monthly payments commencing September to May on the 15th of the month, unless this date falls on a weekend or public holiday, in which case the direct debit will be the next business day
Direct debit dates are fixed, and amounts are calculated to pay your annual rates and charges over the financial year. Payments can only be deducted from a cheque or savings account. We cannot process a direct debit from a credit card.
Once you have established the direct debit arrangement for your rates, it will remain in place year after year until you advise the Shire to cease the arrangement. If you do change your bank account details, please submit another direct debit form.
To apply or change bank account details, please complete the Direct Debit Request Application Form(PDF, 191KB) and return to the Shire:
- By mail: Mornington Peninsula Shire, Revenue Office, Private Bag 1000, Rosebud, Victoria 3939
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person at one of our Customer Service Centres
- Rosebud – 90 Besgrove Street
- Mornington – 2 Queen Street
- Hastings – 21 Marine Parade
You can cancel your direct debit arrangement whenever you choose, by giving written advice to Mornington Peninsula Shire or calling the Revenue Office on 5950 1080.