Building inspections

Building Inspections: The council is conducting initial impact assessments over the phone where flood water has entered a residential home or commercial building. Please contact Council’s Building team to lodge an enquiry on 5950 1060.

  • Call 000 If anyone’s life is in danger.
  • If there appears to be an immediate risk of structural damage to your property, please seek alternative accommodation until make safe repairs have been undertaken by your insurer or a professional trade.
  • Call VIC SES on 132 500 if flood or storms have caused any of the following to your property:  
  • - a tree has fallen (tree down) and caused structural damage to your home or vehicle
    - there is damage to your roof or it is leaking significantly
    - a tree or large branch has fallen and is preventing you from entering or leaving your home
    - your property is flooded or about to flood
  • Advise your insurer of any damage including any structural issues.
  • Contact a professional trades person to undertake make safe work, repair damage or remove debris, if required.
  • Contact Council’s Building Department if you require site specific advice on 5950 1060.