Looking for ways to reduce the energy your home uses and save money?
- Heating and cooling accounts for around 40% of your power bill.
- An energy-efficient home will save you hundreds of dollars on your power bills.
- You can save money, make your home more comfortable and reduce emissions that contribute to climate change.
Free Energy Advice Service for Residents
We have partnered with the Australian Energy Foundation (AEF) to provide residents with free energy advice.
Understand how to make your home or business energy efficient.
From solar panels to insulation, advice is available for all areas of your home, helping you make informed decisions. The advisors can also connect you with reliable suppliers, they conduct rigorous procurement processes so that you can buy with ease and confidence.
How to get your free 20 min phone consultation
How can energy advice help you?
- Solar Panels & Battery Storage: Thinking of powering your home with solar energy? Using satellite imagery, our energy advisors can help you determine whether your property is suitable for solar panels or solar batteries.
- Draught-Proofing: Find out how sealing up gaps and cracks can improve thermal efficiency in your home and keep your energy costs down.
- Insulation: Proper insulation ensures a comfortable temperature in your home. We can help you find out how to check whether you have enough insulation in your home and what solutions you can look into if you don’t.
- Heating & Cooling: From split systems and fans to ducted heating and fire places, our complete air conditioner and energy efficient heater guides will help you keep your home comfortable, whatever the season.
- Hot Water: Is your hot water system due for an upgrade? We can help you discover efficient systems such as hot water heat pumps so you can cut costs without sacrificing on comfort or convenience.
- Windows: Can curtains and blinds improve energy efficiency? Do window films really work? Our energy advisor can help you understand your options and prepare your windows in time for winter.
- Lighting: Find out how to choose the perfect light fixtures and fittings for your home and whether you’re eligible for any rebates.
- Electricity Bills: Get tips on how to shop around for the best energy tariff and find out how you can get paid $50just for comparing.
- Referrals to fully vetted suppliers: Want a quote from a reputable supplier? AEF runs a rigorous procurement process so you can make your home efficient with ease and confidence
Join the Solar and Energy Bulk Buy Program
Access cost-effective solar and save on your energy bills with our Solar and Energy Bulk Buy Program.
With energy costs rising over the last few years, many households are finding that energy efficiency and solar make all the difference to energy affordability.
The Bulk Buy Program makes it easier for households to go solar, reduce emissions and save on their energy bills.
Tips to reduce your home’s energy use
There are many simple things you can do around the home to save energy and money.
You can also visit the Shire's Eco Living Display Centre at The Briars to learn more about living sustainably and having an energy efficient home. The Centre offers tours, school excursions, one on one advice and workshops.