Buy Nothing New in October
Every year, the Peninsula throws out 33,000 tonnes of waste. Cut back on waste and take the challenge to Buy Nothing New this October.
Make your pledge to buy nothing new
Hold a stall
During Buy Nothing New Month, the Shire is offering to cover stall fees at participating community markets to help residents give things a new life and reduce waste to landfill on the Peninsula.
If you are interested in running a stall at participating markets, register your interest by contacting our Waste and Litter Education Officer. Limited stalls available. Terms and conditions apply.
Saturday 6 October 8 am – 1 pm
Rye Rotary Foreshore Market, Opposite the Rye Post Office at the end of Lyons Street.
Sunday 7 October, 8 am – 1 pm
Rosebud Lions Club Village Green Market, Rosebud Village Green, Point Nepean Rd
Saturday 13 October, 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Somerville Saturday Market, St Andrew's Church, 2 Eramosa Road West, Somerville
Saturday 13 October, 8 am – 12 pm
Rosebud Community School Market, Corner of Point Nepean Road and Jetty Road Rosebud
Saturday 13 October, 9 am – 1 pm
Crib Point Community Market, Crib Point Community House, 7 Park Rd, Crib Point
Sunday 21 October, 2 pm – 5 pm
Sustainable Sunday, Rye Community House, 27 Nelson St, Rye
Sunday 21 October, 8 am – 1 pm
Pop-up Community Market, Rosebud Toy Library and Friends, Tootgarook Community Hall, 30 Barry Street, Tootgarook
Sunday 28 October, 10 am – 3 pm
Main Ridge Sustainable Community Day, Red Hill District Lions Club, Main Ridge Recreation Reserve, Main Creek Rd, Main Ridge.
Terms and Conditions
- Mornington Peninsula residents only
- Final approval must be given by market managers before holding stalls
- All unsold goods must be taken away by stall holders at the end of the market
- The Shire will cover stall cost only from 1 October to 31 October 2018 at select participating community markets
- Limited number of Shire funded stalls are available for each market. No further funded stalls are available once all have been allocated. Residents may hold a stall at their own cost
- Shire funded stalls limited to used household goods. No commercial quantities.
- A record of items sold (waste diverted from landfill) must be provided to the waste education officer
Monday, 01 October 2018 | 12:00 AM
- Wednesday, 31 October 2018 | 11:55 PM