For any urgent matters please contact us on 1300 850 600 (24 hours) or 5950 1000.
Report a problem online.
Make a suggestion, provide feedback or ask a question online.
Our service centres:
Open from 8.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
Phone:(03) 5950 1000 or 1300 850 600
Rosebud Office: 90 Besgrove Street, 3939 (Mel ref: 170 A4)
Mornington Office: 2 Queen Street, 3931 (Mel ref: 104 D10)
Hastings Office: 21 Marine Parade, 3915 (Mel ref: 154 K11)
Somerville Office: 1085 Frankston-Flinders Road, within Somerville Library (see opening hours), 3912
Mail: Mornington Peninsula Shire Private Bag 1000, Rosebud, Victoria, 3939
Have you tried our Live Chat? Check for the 'live chat' icon to be connected directly with one of our customer service staff.
Customer Service is the first point of contact for most people who do business with the Shire.
Our role is to ensure your requests for assistance and information are dealt with as efficiently and effectively as possible. The Shire’s activities and services are diverse and include property, economic, human, recreational and cultural services. Infrastructure maintained includes roads, bridges, drains, shire buildings, recreation facilities, parks, gardens and reserves.
The Shire administers State and Local Laws relating to such matters as land use planning, environment protection, public health, traffic and parking, and animal management. Access to interpreters, translators and other communication aids are available to assist customers where necessary.
- Identify ourselves by wearing our corporate uniform and identification badge
- Treat customers with courtesy and respect
- Be fair and reasonable
- Provide clear, accurate, timely and relevant information
- Use and disclose personal information in accordance with laws.
- Our aim is to answer 80% of telephone calls within 20 seconds.
- At our Customer Service Centres you will be acknowledged within 20 seconds of your arrival and we will seek to serve you as soon as possible. In peak periods this will take no longer than five minutes.
- Written correspondence will be replied to within 12 working days by return post, email, fax or telephone. Our reply will explain procedures, outline timeframes and inform you of any action that has been taken on your behalf.
- We will endeavour to answer as many enquiries as possible at your first point of contact. If we are unable to assist you we will direct you to the department or person best able to help you.
- All requests for services provided by the Shire will be recorded in our Customer Request Management System, which will then direct your request to the appropriate department or person.
- We will provide you with a reference number for your request and an approximate time when you may expect a service response.
- If your request requires follow up by one of the customer service team, we will ask you to nominate the most convenient time for us to do this.
- We will provide a receipt for payments made in person at our Customer Service Centres or, on request, for payments made by mail and telephone.
If you are dissatisfied with the service you have received, we want to know. We will work cooperatively with you to identify and resolve problems.
Initially, please discuss the matter with a customer service officer. If the issue is not then resolved to your satisfaction, it will be referred to the appropriate department manager for their attention. If the issue still remains unresolved, you are invited to register a formal complaint.
Feel free to read our MPS Complaint Brochure(PDF, 71KB)