Community mental health first aid training
Mental health first aid training can support young people within our community.
The Shire is providing free mental health first aid training to anyone working, volunteering with or caring for young people on the Mornington Peninsula.
The training is a two day course and both days must be attended to receive a certificate of completion.
Mental health first aid training will teach adults how to assist adolescents who are developing a mental illness, experiencing a worsening of an existing mental health problem or in a mental health crisis, until appropriate professional help is received or the crisis resolves.
Course participants learn about adolescent development, the signs and symptoms of the common and disabling mental health problems in young people, where and how to get help when a young person is developing a mental illness, what sort of help has been shown by research to be effective.
Upcoming courses on the Mornington Peninsula include:
- February: Saturday 2 and 9 February, The Corner, 91 Wilsons Road Mornington
- May: Wednesday 1 and 8, Hastings Hub, 1973 Frankston Flinders Road
- July: Saturday 27 July, Rosebud Shire Offices, Besgrove St Rosebud
- August: 3 August, Rosebud Shire Offices, Besgrove St Rosebud
- October: Tuesday 22 and 29 The Corner, 91 Wilsons Rd Mornington
There are 20 places available for each course. For further information and to register your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org