Social Support services can be individual, one-on-one support that can help you within the home or out in the community, or can be group based excursions to venues of interest.
Our flexible individual service lets you choose the support that is a priority for you during your individual support and could include:
- Visiting services
- Telephone monitoring and support with technologies that help you connect with the community
- Accompanied activities such as paying bills, taking you shopping, taking you to appointments, etc
Our Group Social Support service helps you to combat social isolation and lets you meet other people in your local community. Group-based social support utilises the Community Transport Outings & Excursions program and takes you to visit places of interest, such as:
- Shopping complexes, markets and outlets
- Places of historical or cultural significance
- Festivals, celebrations and events
- Scenic trips
- Educational and interactive attractions
To apply for Social Support Group, or for more information, contact the Community Transport team directly on 5950 1605.