Home Maintenance and Modifications
The Home Maintenance & Modifications service provides a range of practical help with property maintenance to assist you to increase or maintain your levels of independence, safety, accessibility and well-being in your home.
The Home Maintenance service helps to maintain your safety, accessibility and your health and well-being within your home environment by minimizing environmental health and safety hazards.
Tasks in and around your home can include;
- Installing or checking smoke detectors
- Repairing or replacing door locks
- Repairing or replacing your clothes line
- Removing shower doors and installing shower curtains
- Installing handheld showers
- Repairing or replace door bells
- Hanging pictures or mirrors
- Replacing toilet seat
- Cleaning fans or air filters
- Changing smoke detector batteries
- Installing smoke detectors
- Turning your mattress
- Repairing gates or fences
- Placing hard rubbish onto nature strips for removal
- Replacing fly wire screens
- Securing floor coverings
- Replacing tap or cistern washers
- Replacing light globes
The Shire does not offer garden maintenance or gutter cleaning.
This program does not provide services that are the responsibility of other parties; eg private rental landlords, or where damage to a property is covered by insurance.
The Home Modifications service works with qualified Occupational Therapists (OT) to determine individual need for modifications in your home, such as;
- Installing grab rails in the shower and/or toilet
- Installing or modifying steps
- Installing internal and external hand rails next to steps
- Making chair risers
- Installing ramps, both permanent and temporary
- Installing taps sets or door handles at appropriate levels
- Making doorway wedges
- Making bed risers
** This is not an exhaustive list of services available, if there are other modifications required please contact Aged & Disability Services.
Home Maintenance and Home Modification services fees are determined on labour, cost of materials used, and any waste disposal fees.