The Shire's Aged & Disability Services Team supports older residents and residents with a disability to stay living actively and independently in their own home.
We have been providing quality, in-home services on the peninsula for over 30 years.
Our commitment to you
The Shire is committed to giving you the best possible services by:
- Providing advice and referrals on your specific needs
- Delivering flexible and responsive services to support you or the person you care for to stay living at home safely, actively and independently
- Maintaining an experienced, qualified and friendly workforce
- Treating our diverse customers with respect and dignity
- Welcoming feedback and complaints and ensuring all information is dealt with fairly, promptly, confidentially and without retribution
- Supporting you to maintain and improve your independence
- Ensuring the safety of our clients and workforce
Services available to you
We can provide assistance around the house or help get you out and about. For details on how to access these services please scroll down this page, for more information on the services listed please click on the service name.
- Assessment: an assessor will come to your home and determine what you would like to achieve and what is important to you
- Domestic assistance: provides practical assistance in the day-to-day running of your home
- Personal care: assists you with personal tasks such as showering
- Respite care: allows some timeout for carers and a meaningful experience for the care recipient
- Home maintenance and modifications: minor repairs to your home, furniture or equipment, to help keep your home safe, accessible and hazard free, eg installing and checking smoke alarms, repairing or replacing door locks, installing of hand rails, etc
- Meals on Wheels: nutritious meals delivered to your door
- Community transport: getting you out and about in your community
- Social Support: individualised support with accompanied activities such as escorted shopping or group outings
Fees are determined in accordance with State and Commonwealth Government Fees Policies which require that clients declare their income level and any extraordinary expenses so that appropriate fees can be set. Should your circumstances change, fees can be renegotiated.
Clients will not be refused service on their inability to pay fees.
For more information, or to make a referral
If you are 64 and under, contact:
Referral and Intake
Southern Metro Regional Assessment Service, Mornington Peninsula Outlet
1300 850 600 or 5950 1000
Monday to Friday, 8.30am – 5pm
Closed on public holidays
If you are 65 and over, contact:
My Aged Care
1800 200 422
Monday to Friday, 8am – 8pm
Saturday, 10am – 2pm
Closed on public holidays
What our clients say
"Learning to plan, prepare and shop for my food has given me such great choice."
"Dial A Bus has reduced my isolation and given me the freedom to access my community."
"The assistance I have received in my home over the past 9 months has enabled me to recover from ill health."
“The assistance I have received in my home has enabled me to maintain my independence.”
“It makes my life easier knowing Home Maintenance are only a phone call away for those small jobs I can’t do.”