The Shire's Community Services Team has partnered with mecwacare to supports older residents and residents with a disability to stay living actively and independently in their own home.
The Shire has been providing quality, in-home services on the Peninsula for over 30 years, while mecwacare has extensive experience delivering in-home services across Victoria with community care and residential facilities in Mornington, Safety Beach and Shoreham. mecwacare employs local people with local area knowledge and established community connections, offering great opportunities and support for residents.
Our commitment to you
The Shire and mecwacare are committed to giving you the best possible services by:
- Providing advice and referrals on your specific needs
- Delivering flexible and responsive services to support you or the person you care for to stay living at home safely, actively and independently
- Maintaining an experienced, qualified and friendly workforce
- Treating our diverse customers with respect and dignity
- Welcoming feedback and complaints and ensuring all information is dealt with fairly, promptly, confidentially and without retribution
- Supporting you to maintain and improve your independence
- Ensuring the safety of our clients and workforce
Services available to you
We can provide assistance around the house or help get you out and about in the community.
- Domestic assistance: provides practical assistance in the day-to-day running of your home
- Personal care: assists you with personal tasks such as showering
- Respite care: allows some timeout for carers and a meaningful experience for the care recipient
- Social Support: individualised support with accompanied activities such as escorted shopping
Fees are determined in accordance with State and Commonwealth Government Fees Policies which require that clients declare their income level and any extraordinary expenses so that appropriate fees can be set. Should your circumstances change, fees can be renegotiated.
Clients will not be refused service on their inability to pay fees.