Shire essential services continue with some changes to operations: bin collections, Kindergarten Central Registration* Service, Aged and disability services, Maternal Child Health Services, Animals Shelter and Meals on Wheels. Further details can be found on relevant web pages. Please contact your Kindergarten directly for changes to operations. Resource Recovery Centres and Hoppers are closed to residential users.
Customer Service Centres remain closed. Our customer service centres in Rosebud, Mornington, Hastings and Somerville are closed until further notice. Our Customer Service team can still assist you in the following ways:
Please note: The Shire will continue essential maintenance work for safety and upkeep of public assets and recreational spaces continues throughout Stage 4 Restrictions. You may see our teams out and about. Please be ensured all of our contractors have a very thorough plan in place to protect the safety of our staff and the community. We will continue to operate based on the advice received by Department of Health and Human Services.
The following services and facilities will be closed or partially closed until further notice under Stage 4 Restrictions.
- Kindergartens: kindergartens, family day care and early childhood education services are only open to vulnerable children and children whose parents are permitted workers and cannot work from home
- Sports and recreation facilities: Mt Martha Public Golf course is closed. Tennis facilities, sports club rooms and equestrian centres are closed. Boat ramps are closed to the public.
- Libraries in Mornington, Rosebud, Somerville and Hastings, and the Mobile Library, this includes library return chutes. If you have library items please hold onto them. The Library will extend the borrowing time for all items on loan until further notice.
- Mornington Peninsula Regional Gallery
- Community Halls (except for bookings / programs listed as an essential service)
- Events all events and activities planned to be held within Shire halls and on Shire land have been cancelled and the Shire is not issuing any wedding, event, street stall or event signage permits until further notice
- Leisure Centres: Pelican Park Recreation Centre, Civic Reserve Recreation Centre and Somerville Recreation and Community Centre
- Tourist Information Centre in Dromana - Visitor services being provided by phone and email daily between 10am and 4pm.
- The Briars is closed, except for the Briars Wildlife Sanctuary and Angus & Rose (take away) residents within 5km of the Briars who can walk in via the Balcombe and Harrap Creek walks for their 1 hour exercise per day. See the Briars website pages for further information.
- Shire Nursery is closed.
- Mount Martha Community House
- Mornington Community House
- Youth Centres
- Foreshore Camping
- Police Point Respite cottages are currently closed.
- Cemeteries are currently open. Two people at a time can visit – if the cemetery is within 5kms of their residence.