Changes to services provided by our Aged and Disability Team
Aged and Disability Services continue to provide essential in-home services including Meals on Wheels, Personal Care, Respite Care, escorted and unescorted shopping. The delivery of non-essential services will be modified for at least the next four weeks, including modifications to Domestic Assistance, Home Maintenance, Regional Assessment Service and Community Transport. Senior Citizens Clubs and groups are cancelled until further notice.
If you, a family member or a friend has recently been overseas, or if anyone in the household is feeling unwell please seek medical advice and temporarily suspend your services. We need to ensure that our Community Care Workers who continue to deliver essential services are kept well and do not become carriers to spread the disease to other vulnerable clients.
All essential services continue to be delivered taking the necessary precautions. These include;
- Meals on Wheels
- Personal care
- Respite care
- Escorted and unescorted shopping
The following services are being modified;
- Domestic Assistance – services altered to ensure essential services performed e.g. linen changes etc.
- Home Maintenance – essential health and safety tasks, eg restarting pilot lights, installing grab rails
Regional Assessment Service
- Phone assessments for standard referrals
- In-home visits for more complex assessments are on a case-by-case basis with universal precautions being followed
- Outings & Excursions – Cancelled until further notice
- Dial A Bus – Reduced and modified services. Additional early morning service implemented to coincide with 7-8am shopping.
Seniors clubs and groups
All events and activities in Shire facilities have been cancelled between 16 March and 13 April 2020.