Read the full details about what we are doing by downloading our Priority COVID-19 Recovery Actions(PDF, 1MB).
The Shire has a Financial Hardship Policy and reduced or waived $1 million worth of fees for local businesses, community groups and individuals doing it tough due to COVID-19. Download: Financial Hardship Policy COVID-19
Selected fees and charges have been waived or reduced across the areas of hospitality, events, live entertainment, the arts and sport – areas hardest hit by COVID restrictions.
The fee reductions are as follows:
- Hospitality – footpath trading – 100% reduction
- Events and live entertainment – busking permits, Place of Public Entertainment (POPE) fees, events fees and charges – 100% reduction
- The arts - artists in residence Policy Point – 50% reduction
- Sports club lease and licenses – 50% reduction
- 40 child swimming lessons for families experiencing financial hardship – 100% reduction
In addition, a new General Financial Hardship Policy has been introduced for anyone in the community struggling to pay other types of Council fees and charges. Download: General Financial Hardship Policy.
Our actions and initiatives are focused on:
- Ensuring the health and wellbeing of our people
- Reactivating the peninsula
- Building disaster resilience
- Connecting our community
- Supporting business recovery and build economic resilience
- Revitalising cultural, creative and recreation industries
- Ensuring a green and sustainable recovery.