This program is currently closed. COVID-19 Relief and Recovery Grants are now open.
If you have any queries, please contact the Community Grants Officer on 5950 1425 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual program funding: $35,000
Maximum funding available per application: $1,000
Flexi Grants is a program that provides the opportunity for community groups who may need a small helping hand to get new projects off the ground, purchase small equipment items, train volunteers or host a small community activity. Funding is made on the basis of a one-off payment and should not be considered to sustain a program. No ongoing commitment by the Shire should be implied.
This program is open all year until funds are expended and is designed to be a quick response funding stream. Assessment of applications aim to be completed within 3-4 weeks of submission. Applications close in early June each year to allow the processing of grants for the end of financial year and reopen on 1 July of the new financial year.
Applications will be assessed based on:
- Organisation has limited capacity to self-fund;
- Benefit/s to the Mornington Peninsula community (not just group membership);
- Ideally provides an opportunity for ‘shared’ community use;
- Contribute to training volunteers;
- Increase community awareness;
- Support community-based activities and equipment purchase; and
- Not putting anyone at risk.
Refer to the Guidelines(PDF, 157KB) and Overview & Specific Criteria(PDF, 163KB) information to understand more about the Flexi Grant Program.
Council has deferred this program in 2020/2021and it is closed until the new financial year.