Applications open on Monday 5 July at 9am
- Annual program funding: $35,000
- Maximum funding available per application: $1,000
Flexi Grants is a program that provides the opportunity for community groups who may need a small helping hand to get new projects off the ground, purchase small equipment items, train volunteers or host a small community activity. Funding is made on the basis of a one-off payment and should not be considered to sustain a program. No ongoing commitment by the Shire should be implied.
This program is open all year until funds are exhausted and is designed to be a quick response funding stream. Assessment of applications aim to be completed within 3-4 weeks of submission. Applications close in early June each year to allow the processing of grants for the end of financial year and reopen in July of the new financial year.
Applications will be assessed based on:
- Organisation has limited capacity to self-fund;
- Benefit/s to the Mornington Peninsula community (not just group membership);
- Ideally provides an opportunity for ‘shared’ community use;
- Contribute to training volunteers;
- Increase community awareness;
- Support community-based activities and equipment purchase; and
- Not putting anyone at risk.
Refer to the Guidelines(PDF, 310KB) to understand more about the Flexi Grant Program.
If you have any queries, please contact the Community Grants Officer on 5950 1425 or firstname.lastname@example.org