Applications open on 5 July 2021 at 9am
Maximum funding available per application: $2,000
- This grant assists not-for-profit community groups to buy an Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
Grants available up to a maximum of $2,000.
Ongoing maintenance, including replacement of accessories i.e. pads and batteries, is not part of this grant program.
Applications open each financial year from July to June (or until funds are exhausted).
These grants are a quick response funding stream. Application assessments are done within 3-4 weeks from submission.
Funding is a one-off payment.
- So that funds can assist as many groups as possible, only one application per organisation will be accepted.
To be eligible the defibrillator must:
- Be installed in a public place within the Mornington Peninsula Shire. Installations at Council owned or managed facilities must be conducted by Shire contractors.
- Be registered with Ambulance Victoria within 2 months of receiving funds. Evidence must be provided in the acquittal report.
- Must be a not-for-profit Mornington Peninsula community-based organisation.
- Must provide ABN and incorporation status.
- Applicants without an ABN must submit a Statement by a Supplier form from the ATO and upload to the application.
- Unincorporated applicants must be auspiced by a Mornington Peninsula Shire incorporated organisation. The Auspice Agreement form is available here and a signed version must be uploaded to the application.
- Does not owe any money or reports (acquittal) as a result of previous Shire funding or grants.
- Have read and understood the Conditions of Funding.
Refer to the Guidelines(PDF, 192KB) information to understand more about the Defibrillator Grant. Please note that Council does not recommend a preferred supplier or unit of AED. Applicants must research suppliers and source quotes for units that are suitable.
If you have any queries, please contact the Community Grants Officer at email@example.com or phone 5950 1425.