Community Placemaking Grants
This funding is currently closed. For 2021/22 program dates, please revisit this page in July 2021.
If you have any queries, please contact the Community Grants Officer on 5950 1425 or email@example.com
Annual program funding: $112,000
Maximum funding available per application: $5,000
Funding in 2019/2020 was split into two rounds.
- Round 1 ($56,000) is now closed - view the list of successful Community Placemaking Grants here(PDF, 333KB)
- Round 2 ($56,000) is now closed - view the list of successful Community Placemaking Grants here(PDF, 230KB)
Community Placemaking Grants projects aim to strengthen townships across the Mornington Peninsula Shire by enhancing both our social and built environments at the local level. Placemaking engages the local community to be proactive in identifying positive ways to implement projects that contribute to improving the health and wellbeing of the community.
Applications will be assessed based on:
- Improving the physical environment of the local area;
- Enabling a more accessible physical and built environment;
- Land owner permission has been granted (if applicable);
- Creates a sense of belonging;
- Increases opportunities for social connection;
- Supports new activities in a public place;
- Is a collaborative community project;
- Strengthens the community through learning new skills; and
- Creates opportunities for a healthier lifestyle.
Refer to the Guidelines(PDF, 157KB) and Overview & Specific Criteria(PDF, 163KB) information to understand more about the Placemaking Grant Program.
If your project involves building or modifying Council land or facilities, please complete the Community Capital Infrastructure Projects proposal form prior to applying as permit approvals may be required.
If you have any queries, please contact the Community Development Officer - Grants at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 5950 1425.