COVID- 19 Update
We are excited that Supported Playgroups have returned face-to-face this year with COVID safe procedures in place.
If you would like more information on COVID across the Shire you can visit:: Coronavirus
What is a Supported Playgroup?
- A welcoming and safe place to connect with your child through play and fun
- A supportive, inclusive and non-judgemental environment
- Opportunity to make new friends and connect with your local community and services
- Sessions run weekly during school terms and are led by a qualified facilitator
- Each session includes morning or afternoon tea (fruit time)
- Includes Small Talk tips and strategies to support your child’s learning and development
- In-home support is also available for eligible families
- Cost: Free
What is In-Home Support?
- Individual sessions provided at your home or another suitable location
- Opportunity to practice Small Talk strategies together with the playgroup facilitator
- Can be offered individually or alongside Supported Playgroup sessions
- Cost: Free
- Families with children aged 0-5 years who hold a Health Care Card or another eligible card/visa
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander children and families
- Families that have been referred or supported by Enhanced Maternal and Child Health Services
- Families that have been referred or supported by Child FIRST/ Orange Door
Join a Playgroup
To join a playgroup or receive in home support just complete the online form.
Join a playgroup
Service providers can refer a client to the program through our simple online form.
Make a Referral
For Further Information
Please get in touch with the Shire's Education and Care team, phone: 5950 1099 or email: email@example.com
Click here to view a video from the Department of Education about playgroups.
Links to Activities
Playgroups Victoria ‘Playgroup at Home’ Playgroup-at-home Facebook Communities
Play ideas for Babies Raising Children Network /babies/play-learning
Play ideas for Toddlers Raising Children Network /toddlers/play-learning
Play ideas for Preschoolers Raising Children Network /preschoolers/play-learning