Peninsula Advisory Committee for Elders (PACE)
The Peninsula Advisory Committee for Elders (PACE) was established in 2006 as a recommendation of the Elder Citizens in the Community Strategy to advise Council on how best to meet the current and future needs of elder citizens on the Mornington Peninsula.
PACE, through collaboration and consultation with Council and the community, will assist in shaping and creating inclusive communities for older people on the Mornington Peninsula. In addition, an important responsibility will be to identify and acknowledge those communities which already exist in the shire.
- To review and recommend an on-going implementation process of the Shire’s Positive Ageing Strategy.
- To advocate for and promote positive ageing across the Mornington Peninsula.
- To act as a consultative committee representing older people throughout the Mornington Peninsula Shire.
- To increase Council and community awareness of the particular needs and aspirations of older members of the community.
- To provide an opportunity for older people to contribute to Council policy, planning, service and facility development.
- To promote maximum equity of access, participation and inclusion of older people in community life.
- To increase communication and facilitate linkages between individuals, community and business groups and government in relation to issues faced by older people.
- To establish collaborative networks with other groups and organizations with shared objectives.
- To liaise with Committees and Departments of Council during their consideration of matters of particular relevance to elder citizens as a group.
- To bring to the attention of Council, initiatives adopted elsewhere in the State, Commonwealth and overseas, which are of relevance to elder citizens and which are considered by this Committee to be worthy of consideration by Council.
- To assist Council and its staff to identify and respond to the current and future issues related to the unique demographics of the Mornington Peninsula and help to identify and respond to the opportunities to address them.
Contact the Peninsula Advisory Council for Elders via the Shire
PACE c/o Positive Ageing Officer
Mornington Peninsula Shire
Private Bag 1000, Rosebud VIC 3939
21 Marine Parade, Hastings VIC 3915
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can email directly to the PACE committee on email@example.com
Phone – 03 5950 1000
Throughout the year PACE run community forums that provide information relevant to ageing positively. These include topics such as dementia and Alzheimer’s, Elder Abuse, Wills and Powers of Attorney, etc.
Details of coming forums will be advertised here and in the Shire's Events Calendar.
There are currently no community forums in planning.