Support Services and Programs
The Warringinee Group provides support and services through:
Access and Support via Home and Community Care (HACC)
- Balee Program – adult planned activities
- Transport to appointments and activities
- Assessment and referral
- Referrals for individual, respite and home care
Cultural Information and Education
- Cultural awareness and education
- Advocacy and access to Aboriginal service providers
- Implementation of cultural awareness initiatives
- Facilitation and promotion of community programs and signatory events; Reconciliation Week and
- National Aborigines and Islanders Day Observance Committee (NAIDOC) Week
- Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander Community Controlled Organisations
- Strategy and partnerships development
Balee Program, a local Boon Wurrung word meaning ‘Family’ This represents the inclusiveness in the local Aboriginal community and is open to the whole family to attend.
This group is usually held weekly on a Friday from 10am to 2pm and is facilitated by the Mornington Peninsula Shire’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community and Access Support Officer, but due to covid-19 there are no group sessions, the Balee group are taking care of culture, family and community by staying at home.
The group have partnerships with local Mornington Peninsula and Frankston community-controlled organisations, service providers and land management authorities. A range of culturally appropriate activities and outings are scheduled throughout the year long program.
For further information please contact:
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Access and Support Officer
Tel: 03 5950 1632