Support Services and Programs
The Warringinee Group provides support and services through:
Access and Support via Home and Community Care (HACC)
- Balee Program – adult planned activities
- Transport to appointments and activities
- Assessment and referral
- Referrals for individual, respite and home care
Cultural Information and Education
- Cultural awareness and education
- Advocacy and access to Aboriginal service providers
- Implementation of cultural awareness initiatives
- Facilitation and promotion of community programs and signatory events; Reconciliation Week and
- National Aborigines and Islanders Day Observance Committee (NAIDOC) Week
- Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander Community Controlled Organisations
- Strategy and partnerships development
Download: Are-you-Aboriginal-or-Torres-Strait-Islander.pdf(PDF, 509KB)
Balee Program, a local Boon Wurrung word meaning ‘Family’ is the new name and direction for the previously named Planned Activity Group (PAG). This represents the inclusiveness in the local Aboriginal community and is open to the whole family to attend.
This group is held weekly from 10am to 2pm and is facilitated by the Mornington Peninsula Shire’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community and Access Support Officer.
The group have partnerships with local Mornington Peninsula and Frankston community controlled organisations, service providers and land management authorities. A range of culturally appropriate activities and outings are scheduled throughout the year long program.
For further information please contact:
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Access and Support Officer
Tel: 03 5950 1108