Extending an existing planning permit
If your Planning Permit is due to expire you can apply for an extension to the start or completion date:
- Before or within 6 months after the permit expiry date - where the use or development allowed by the permit has not yet started
- Before or within 12 months after the permit expiry date - where the development allowed by the permit has lawfully started before the permit expires
There is no opportunity to appeal to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal if an application is made outside of these timeframes.
Information you must provide
You will be required to provide the following information:
- Planning Permit reference number
- Proposed time frames for start or completion e.g:1 year, 2 years
- Reasons as to why you require the extension.
- Details of the status of the Development or use e.g: earthworks commenced
- If you are extending the time to compete within 12 months after your permit expired you will need to provide proof that the development has lawfully started before the expiry date.
If you do not provide all the relevant Information your application will be put on hold until it is received.
- 1st Request - $550.00
- 2nd Request - $550.00
- 3rd Request + - $675.00
How to Lodge your Extension of Time application
You may apply for an extension of time to your planning permit and upload the required information via the planning applications portal:
Lodgement of an Extension of time
If you cannot submit online you may complete and submit an Application for an Extension of Time to a Planning Permit with the relevant information, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note it is not a legal requirement to submit a form however the information requested in the form is required to properly assess your application.
This is a proforma to assist you in providing the necessary information
If you have any questions about extending an existing planning permit please contact our Planning team
- Call (03) 5950 1010
- Visit Our Service Centre at Mornington