House Plans

Obtaining Copies of Building Plans/Permits

House plans or commercial building plans submitted to Council with a building permit can only be provided to an owner or to a person authorised in writing by the owner. This application can also be used to obtain copies of building and occupancy permits and any other documents submitted with a building permit. Drainage plans are not mandatory for a building permit and are unlikely to be on file.

The requirements for documentation lodged with a building permit have improved in recent years, however the type of records available will differ depending on the age of the property. The quality and accuracy of documents submitted can vary, regardless of the age of the property, and for this reason we recommend using building records, if available, as a reference only.

We cannot guarantee the availability of records. The $160.00 (residential) or $250.00 (commercial) application fee is a search fee only and will not be refunded if documents submitted with a building permit cannot be located. The Mornington Peninsula Shire was created by the amalgamation of the previous Shires of Flinders, Hastings, Mornington and part of the City of Frankston in 1994 and we cannot guarantee that all records were transferred to us at this time.

Council records are located in an external storage facility and accessing these records can take between 2 to 4 weeks. You can lodge and pay for your application by clicking on the ‘Apply and pay online’ button below or you can download the application form and call us to make payment on (03) 5950 1060. If you have any questions or concerns about submitting an application, please do not hesitate to contact us on (03) 5950 1060 to discuss your requirements.

Residential Application Form

Residential building plans, building permits and occupancy permits application

Apply and pay online

Printable Application FormHouse Plans Application(PDF, 220KB)

Commercial Application Form

Commercial Building Plans

Apply and pay online

Printable Application FormCommercial Plans Application(PDF, 220KB)

Title and Property Certificates

To obtain a title or property certificates please contact Land Victoria on:
Phone: 8636 2456 between 8:00 am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday.

Link to LANDATA website