Batonbearers are everyday Australians who inspire others to be great. Being a Batonbearer is a unique experience and is also an opportunity to be involved in the largest event to be staged in Australia in a decade.
Selected through a community nomination program, the Batonbearers recognise the achievements and aspirations of Australians from all walks of life.
Throughout the Mornington Peninsula, the following people will have the honour of carrying the Queen’s Baton for the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games:
· Bianca Appleford from Rye
· Rosie Batty from Tyabb
· Jodie Carroll from Blairgowrie
· Terence Ernest Cox from Rosebud
· John Ellis from Rye
· Wendy Grant from Capel Sound
· Colleen Mackay from Capel Sound
· Catherine Montalto situated in Greenway with family from Rye
· Donna Nettlefold from Rye
· Pam Rowler from Dromana
· Kaye Thomas from McCrae