Booking a Sports Ground
The Shire maintains over 60 sports grounds on the Peninsula, which form part of Shire's network of public open space. Our sports grounds are for shared, informal community use outside of booking periods.
Sports Facilities such as ovals, pitches and courts are available for casual (one off or irregular) hire for schools, private sports academies, associations, commercial businesses and community groups located within the Mornington Peninsula Shire, outside the dates and times allocated to sports clubs. We do not accept bookings from groups located outside the Mornington Peninsula Shire.
To see a list of sports reserves and their amenities within the Shire view our Sports Reserves page.
Bookings provide access to the sporting field only, however public toilets are located at most Shire reserves. Community halls are available for hire at several sporting reserves, learn more on our community halls listing.
If you have any further enquiries please contact email@example.com.
- The Council adopted fees for 2023/24 are listed in the table below
- A half day minimum booking period applies (4 hour session)
- Fee is charged per oval / pitch. Netball courts are charged as a flat rate fee
- You will receive an invoice within 30 days of your booking being completed
||Half Day Fee per ground
(up to four hours)
|Full Day Fee per ground
(over four hours)
Apply to book a sports ground
Step 1 - Review the Casual Sports Ground Bookings Terms and Conditions
Please read the MPS-Casual-Sportsground-Bookings-Terms-and-Conditions-2023_24.pdf(PDF, 201KB) before starting your application. You will need to agree to these as part of your application.
Step 2 - Gather your public liability insurance
Ensure you have an electronic copy of your current Public Liability Insurance for $20 million.
Step 3 - Apply online
To apply to make a booking, you will need to visit our online booking platform (click the Apply Now button below).
If you do not have an account, you will need to create an account before you can make a booking. Once your account has been reviewed and approved by us, you will receive confirmation via email. You can then log into your account to make your booking, alter bookings, view invoices, make payments and much more.
Please note – bookings can only be made 14 days or more in advance. If you require an urgent booking within the next 14 days, please register your account and then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your booking request.
Mornington Peninsula Shire Clubs - Pre-Season Access
This section is for Mornington Peninsula Shire local sporting clubs only to submit their pre season access requests. Please visit the ‘Apply to book a Sports Ground’ section if you are wishing to make a casual sports ground booking.
Important Information for Clubs
- Applications for pre-season use must be submitted using the below form
- Clubs must provide a copy of current their Certificate of Currency/ Insurance for $20million (Must be in date, we will not accept expired CoC’s)
- Permission from your shared summer tenant must be gained, and evidence provided in the form of an email to email@example.com
- Fees will not be applicable
- No access to pavilions is permitted. Clubs will have access to public toilet facilities.
- Training must be in runners/rubber-soled sports shoes.
||Level of Service for Training
|Senior AFL/ Senior Soccer
||1 night per week per ground (maximum 3 hours) with written approval from your shared in season club, commencing Monday 4 December 2023.
|Junior AFL/ Junior Soccer
||No preseason training can commence until 1 February 2024.
Further email correspondence will be released closer to 1 February with an update for junior clubs
||Training can commence from Monday 4 December. No application required