Filming & Photography
If you are planning on filming or photographing on Shire owned land for commercial purposes, you will need to submit an application form for approval.
As per the current State Government Restricted Activity Directions, additional conditions may apply in relation to COVID-19. Permit holders must be familiar with the restrictions in place, ensuring plans remain in compliance at the time of filming.
What locations are available for filming and photography?
There are many beautiful locations throughout the Mornington Peninsula that may be suitable for commercial filming and photography. Some of these locations are not governed by the Shire though, instead by different entities, including Parks Victoria and Committees of Management.
- For activities on a back beach please contact Parks Victoria for your permissions on email@example.com. Shire approval does not apply.
- For activities planned on Western Port Bay, approval must be sought from the relevant Committee of Management.
- For all other locations please refer to the Committees of Management Map. This document will show you if the Mornington Peninsula Shire is responsible for your requested filming or photography location.
The following documentation is required in support of your Filming/Photography Application;
- Site Plan
- Risk Management Plan
- Emergency Management Plan
- Public Liability Insurance - The Applicant is required to effect and maintain public liability insurance to the value of $20 million dollars in respect to any one activity or occurrence and must list ‘Mornington Peninsula Shire Council’ as an interested party.
- Notification to be sent to businesses/residents (if applicable)
- Traffic Management Plan (if applicable)
Supporting information, including forms and templates, can be found at Planning an Event. Your documentation can be submitted with your online application or emailed at a later date to your Shire Liaison Officer, who will be in contact with you shortly after your application is received.
It is important that you familiarise yourself with the Terms and Conditions on the Filming/Photography Permit. Conditions must be adhered to when conducting filming or photography activities on Shire owned or managed land.
Filming/Photography Permit - Terms and Conditions(PDF, 357KB)
Filming/Photography Application Form
An application fee is payable upon submission of this online form. Please have your credit card ready before proceeding.
Low Season: (1 May - 30 September) $225
High Season: (1 October - 30 April) $335
Fees are waived for filming and photography students.
A complete Filming/Photography Application, including all relevant documentation, must be submitted to the Shire no later than ten business days before the filming/photography activity is due to commence.
Event Permits Team
Phone: 1300 850 600