Apply for a Street Stall (Community Fundraising) Permit

Street Stall.jpg

Street Stall Permits are issued to charitable organisations, local non-profit groups and other organisations whose activities will benefit local community. Charitable organisations are those who use the proceeds from their fundraising activities to relieve poverty, suffering or social distress. Non-profit groups generally provide a service to the community and aim to enhance the wellbeing of residents. First consideration for permits will always be given to local groups and charities. 

If you are planning to hold a Street Stall on Shire owned or managed land, you will need to apply for a Street Stall Permit via our booking system 'Bookable'.

Before booking your Street Stall

Please download How To Book a Space For Your Street Stall to help guide you through the booking process. When in 'Bookable' search for 'Street Stall (Community Fundraising) in the Venue or Suburb field.

Book Street Stall

Street Stalls Permit Information

To hold a street stall such as raffle tickets sales, cake sales or to hold a sausage sizzle on Shire owned or managed land you will need a Street Stall Permit. Before applying, please read the Street Stall Guidelines(PDF, 99KB).

Have you left enough time to apply for a Street Stall Permit?

Applications for street stalls should be submitted no less than ten (10) working days before the proposed street stall date.

What documentation will you need to supply?

The following documentation is required in support of your Street Stall application which you will be prompted to supply via our booking system ‘Bookable’ when you’re ready to book:

  • Public Liability Insurance - The Applicant is required to effect and maintain public liability insurance to the value of $10 million dollars in respect to any one activity or occurrence and must list ‘Mornington Peninsula Shire Council’ as an interested party
  • Written consent from the business owner adjacent to your proposed site/s

Door Knocks

Door knocks on private property are regulated by the Fundraising Act 1998, which sets out the legal requirements for fundraising, e.g. registration and the need for collectors to wear appropriate identification at all times.

Intersection Collections

A highway collection permit is required for anyone wishing to collect money on Victorian roads.

Mornington Peninsula Shire will not provide approval for intersection collections on Shire owned or managed roads, as these permits are issued by the Victorian Police.

Should you still wish to collect at an intersection or road, please apply directly to Victoria Police using the following link

Ready to Apply?

When you hit the button below you will be taken to our booking system ‘Bookable’ where you can view and book a Street Stall Permit. Before you do, please consider the following:

  • Your booking is not confirmed until you receive your Permit
  • Bookings must be submitted at least ten days before the proposed street stall date
  • Please read the Street Stall Guidelines(PDF, 99KB)

To book your Street Stall

  1. Download the How to Book a Space for Your Street Stall guide to help guide you through the booking process.
  2. Click the 'Book Street Stall' button below which will take you to our booking system ‘Bookable’. In the Venue or Suburb field search for 'Street Stall (Community Fundraising)' and it will appear on the right.

Book Street Stall


Events Permitting Team

Phone: 1300 850 600