Book a campsite
Book a campsite at the Shire's Rosebud, Rye & Sorrento foreshore camping.
The Rosebud, Rye & Sorrento campgrounds are situated within a Crown Land reserve. Please be aware of the following:
- Family friendly campgrounds. No noise permitted after 11pm
- A maximum of 6 people per site with a maximum of 4 adults (18+)
- Water taps are not provided at every site and are not for exclusive use
- Campers must ensure a 2-metre clearance between sites for fire services
- Only gas or electric BBQs allowed. No solid fuel fires are permitted at any time
- No pets. (Assistance dogs are welcome. please contact the office before booking)
Please ensure you read the Conditions of Camping prior to booking.
There are limited vacancies for the labour day long weekend and Easter. The campgrounds will close for the season on 30 April (last night for bookings 29 April). Please read the steps below and then proceed to booking online.
Follow the steps below to book online.
- Enter your arrival and departure dates into the “Booking Details” part of the page, then select the area you want to camp (McCrae, Rosebud, Rye or Sorrento) and click on “Show Accommodation Types”.
- When you see the area you’d like to book please click on “Book now”. If you need a second site use the “+Add another booking” button, otherwise click on “Next Step”.
- To select your campsite via the map please click the orange button while in Step 2.
- From there you will proceed to the payment page where you can use a Visa or Mastercard to make payment and confirm your reservation.
To optimise your booking experience, we recommend using a laptop or desktop computer.
Download: Casual Bookings Cancellations(PDF, 160KB)
Download: Pre-Booking Cancellations(PDF, 173KB)
Foreshore Camping Office
|Monday to Friday
||9am to 4:30pm
||9am to 3pm
||10am to 2pm
(The Rye and Sorrento ranger huts are not staffed)
Phone: 03 5950 1011
2023/24 camping season dates
- Pre-Peak Season: 27 October - 16 December 2023
- Peak Season: 16 December 2023 - 27 January 2024
- Post Peak Season: 27 January - 28 April 2024
Online form: Expression of Interest (post peak season). Use this form to book for off peak camping (full off-peak season only).
Online form: Foreshore Camping application to join the Rosebud peak waiting list (bookings for 6 weeks). Please note that this is only for 6-week bookings and only available for Rosebud sections 9 - 14. The waiting list does not apply to McCrae, Rye or Sorrento.
All other bookings can be made online when available sites are released in August. To be sure of the release date you can follow us on our Foreshore Camping Facebook page. Camping fees will be published when the 2023/24 budget is adopted.